Gibraltars Offshore gambling sites on the Internet have revolutionized the sports betting industry

Gibraltars Offshore gambling sites on the Internet have revolutionized the sports betting industry. The offshore betting sites compete for the bettors’ money, and are constantly improving consumer services

Monday 20 February 2012

When bookies are more common than post offices

I've just won tenfold on the horses, but I can’t get out of Ladbrokes. It’s 10pm and the floor  is covered with crumpled slips recording the day’s losing bets. A group of men are blocking the door. 
These punters want to know if I’ll lend them some winnings. One says he’ll pay me back as soon as he’s won, but I just want to get home. They look desperate.
I was lucky that night. But there are eight bookies within ten minutes’ walk of my South London home – I can’t avoid them. I’m not against gambling but when betting shops are more common than post offices and corner shops, we have a problem.


0 comments:

link

Related Posts with Thumbnails